Federal Funding Workshop
Federal non-dilutive funding for bioscience innovation, research and development, and commercialization represents an enormous opportunity to Virginia companies and researchers, and is critical to the strategic success and health of the nation. But it is spread across a vast and confusing array of agencies. The routes of access and communication aren’t clear, and priorities seem to shuffle all the time.
Yet virtually all of these entities are in/or extremely close by, Virginia. Surely its worth an in-depth look at whether these resources offer your firm or research enterprise a competitive advantage across the nation and world. They certainly offer a unique strategic resource to Virginia.
On Friday April 7 in Virginia Beach, the morning after the full day THRiVE conference we’re holding an all-morning workshop designed for companies and university and health care researchers who want to understand this great opportunity better and:
Get started pursuing federal funding in a smart, effective and efficient way; or,
Enhance and take their current efforts to the next level.
The workshop faculty will provide:
- An overview of the landscape of the many federal funders of bioscience, including their mission, focus area(s), preferred stage of development of the technology or produce, and the like.
- A description of the various systems of application and decision-making at different agencies, including annual schedules, cycle times, tools such as conferences and outlets for announcements and updates for learning about opportunities, and how to identify and interact with decision makers;
- The catalytic role non-dilutive federal funding can play in the development of a technology and growth of a company or research unit;
- A framework and tips on preparing and executing a long term strategic plan tailored to your research group or company to identify and access federal funding strategic to your success; and
- A chance to ask the expert faculty questions about your situation.
The workshop faculty are three experienced professionals who specialize in understanding the web of federal bioscience funding and its people, and helping companies and researchers create a strategy, access the right opportunities and create solid relationships and winning proposals.
- Powell, Liz, Founding Principal, G2G Consulting
- Clerici, John, Founding Principal, Tiber Creek Partner
- Brooke, Rob, Director, Federal Funding Programs, Center for Innovative Technologies
Please join us for this unique in-depth workshop, and learn how you can use the competitive advantage of these strategic resources to achieve your goals.
Breakfast and Registration 8:00-9:00am
Workshop: 9:00am- 12:00pm