|Benefits of Membership|
Member benefits include:
· Members have access to a cost saving purchasing program covering a wide range of key items such as lab supplies and equipment, lab gases, hazardous waste removal, clinical trials liability insurance, basic office supplies, 401 K programs, national press releases and more. Many of our companies using these programs save far more than their annual membership dues. For detailed information on the available discounts visit the Discounts page.
· Bioscience company members are eligible to apply to Virginia Bio for matching grants for internships.
· Discounted and sometimes complimentary admission to all VABIO events, including the premier regional bioscience, conference Mid-Atlantic Bio. Members receive admission to exclusive members-only events, including our popular webinars and lab tours. Networking receptions, luncheons, Senior Executive dinners, Research Institution Roundtables, and informal science forums are produced at the local, regional and statewide level to foster collaboration.
· Member organizations are eligible for reduced rates for sponsorships on the VABIO website and in our monthly newsletter and the Virginia Bioscience Directory.
· Listing in the premier resource guide for life sciences in Virginia, The Virginia Bioscience Directory. All members receive a complimentary copy.
· Access to members-only area of the VABIO website, including forums and 24/7 access to online member directory.
· Member company news is featured on our website, monthly eNewsletter, with a current circulation of over 8000, and social media. Each new member receives a posting of a company bio, with logo and hyperlink to their website in the VABIO newsletter.
· Members receive discounted job postings on the VABIO Career Center
· VABIO provides opportunities for member companies to participate in STEM-H Education and workforce development efforts to ensure that we have the trained people we need to fill the jobs of tomorrow. VABIO promotes biosciences in Virginia and develops initiatives to raise public awareness and promote science education.
· VABIO works diligently with state and local officials to champion industry-favorable legislation to enhance the economic growth of life science companies and industry as a whole in Virginia. We facilitate industry and individual opportunities to members to meet with state and federal legislators, and full time legislative advocates from our partner organizations BIO, PhRMA, MDMA and AdvaMed, and provide briefings on federal and state policy issues.
We hope that you will consider becoming an active member of the Virginia Biotechnology Association, for more information pleae call our office at (804) 643-6360 or email Sherri Halloran, our director of membership services.