Board of Directors
Virginia Bio is led by its Board of Directors, with the participation and counsel of its Board of Advisors and Academic Council The VABIO board is comprised of 24 industry leaders from all regions of the Commonwealth of Virginia as well as an Advisory Board and an Academic Council.
- Crystal Icenhour, Chairman of the Board
- Andrew J Krouse, Vice Chair
- Jeff Conroy, Immediate Past Chairman,
CEO, Embody, LLC
- Carrie Roth, Treasurer
President & CEO, Virginia Biotechnology Research Park
- Alan Connor, Secretary
President & CEO, Cadence, Inc.
- James Powers, Chairman Virginia Bioscience Foundation
CEO, HemoShear LLC
- Raul Diaz, Plant Manager, Merck & Co.
- Alex Euler, Director Life Science Investment, Center for Innovative Technology
- Elaine Horn-Ranney, President, CEO & Co-Founder, Tympanogen
- Mike Grisham, President & CEO, Virginia Biosciences Health Research
- Mike Innes, Managing Director, Healthcare Investment Banking, Cary Street Partners
- Warren Martin, Partner,Technology and Life Sciences, Cherry Bekaert, LLP
- John Niederhuber, CEO, Inova Translational Medicine Institute
- Christopher Penet, Vice-President, BIO-CAT & BIO-CAT Microbials
- Christian Plaza, Partner, Cooley LLP
- Brian Pollok, CEO, Neoantigenics
- Cynthia Rancourt, CEO, Polymer Solutions Incorporated
- Carl Sahi, President, Engineered Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Thomas Sander, Vice President Product Development & Engineering, LifeNet Health
- Reg Seeto, Vice President, Head of Partnering and Strategy, MedImmune
- William B. Stilley, CEO, ADial Pharmaceuticals
- Rony Thomas, CEO, LifeNet Health
- Thomas G. Voss, Director, Center for Infectious Diseases and Deputy Site Head, SRI Shenandoah Valley
- Jason Walsh, Business Director, Mediatech Inc.
- Spencer Williamson, President and CEO, kaleo, Inc.
Chief Executive Officer:
Jeffrey M. Gallager, CEO Virginia Bio
VABIO Advisory Board Members:
- Brian Carney, General Partner, Harbert Venture Partners
- Frank Gilg, Independent Consultant
- Dan Gonzalez, Prinicipal, Avison Young
- Krishna Kodukula, Ph.D., Executive Director, SRI International, Inc.
- Brandon J. Price, Ph.D.,Principal Consultant, Falcon Ridge Associates
- Marvin H. "Skip” Schuelke, President, Schuelke Biomedical Services/Laser Services
- Leigh Cockram, Director of Research & Business Development, The Institute for Advanced Learning and Research
- Tim Stuller, Manager – Life Sciences, Virginia Economic Development Partnership
- Thomas Thorpe, CEO, Afton Scientific Corp.
- Patricia B. Williams, Ph.D,. President, EyeRx Research
VABIO Academic Council:
- Barbara Boyan, Dean, School of Engineering, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Keith Crandall, Director, Computational Biology Institute, George Washington University
- Jacquelyn Fetrow, Provost & Vice President Academic Affairs, University of Richmond
- Dr. Michael Friedlander, Executive Director, Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute
- Yvonne R. Harris, Vice Provost of Research and Scholarship, James Madison University
- Dennis Manos, Ph.D., Vice Provost for Research, The College of William and Mary
- Theresa Mayer, Vice President for Research and Innovation, Virginia Tech
- Roy Ogle, Ph.D., Professor and Chair, Old Dominion University School of Medical Diagnostics & Translational Sciences
- Michael Straightiff, Director, U.Va Licensing & Ventures Group
- William J. Wasilenko, Ph.D. Associate Dean for Research, Eastern Virginia Medical School