Dear Members and Friends of Virginia Bio,
A: Next Thursday, September 29.
Q: What’s the nearest opportunity you have to take part in an event that will inspire and equip you to be better than ever before at what you do, and that will put you at the center of an enthusiastic network of talented and like-minded people who you can call on for years to come?
That’s because that’s the day you can Join hundreds of leaders and drivers of bioscience in Virginia, and the region for first of its kind Women Building Bio: the XX Factor, at the Inova Center for Personalized Health in Falls Church, VA. Register right now!
At this day-long conference we’ll:
identify and spread awareness of women leaders and drivers of the bioscience research and commercialization field throughout Virginia and across the region;
gather these and other women and men in the field to create new relationships and plant the seed for productive collaborations;
provide thoughtful, inspiring, practical and world class leadership and professional development; and,
help one another build stronger and better research, products, companies, institutions, networks, teams and individuals, enabling us all to better help the people we serve.
• Participate in a small group meeting with a leader in the field, in our innovative TIES small group networking program. Once you’ve registered for the conference, sign up in advance to reserve your spot using this link.
• Meet and hear from women leading the bio field in Virginia and the region, including:
Barbara Newhouse, President and CEO, ALS Association (Ice Bucket Challenge)
Congresswoman Barbara Comstock, Chair, Subcommittee on Research and Technology, House Science Space and Technology Committee
Barbara Boyan, Dean, VCU Engineering School
Amy Caro, Sector VP & GM Health Division, Northrop Grumman Information Systems
Meeta Chatterjay, Head Business Strategy and Operations, Business Development and Licensing, Merck Research Laboratories
Rachel King, CEO, GlycoMimetics, past Chair, BIO
Theresa Mayer, VP Research and Innovation, Virginia Tech
Mindy Goldsborough, Chief Science and Technology Officer, ATCC
• Experience world class professional development sessions led by University of Virginia Darden School Foundation Executive Education professors, whose faculty is repeatedly ranked #1 in the world by the Financial Times.
• Network with hundreds of other women and men from around the state and region.
• Meet some young women in bioSTEM and learn about the programs that have helped them enter and excel in the field
• Get a good glimpse of the campus of the Inova Center for Personalized Health, and learn first hand from CEO Todd Stottlemyer about the vision.
See you there!
PS – very special thanks to sponsors: Inova Center for Personalized Health, George Mason University, University of Virginia Darden School Foundation Executive Education, Greenberg Traurig, Squire Patton Boggs, PhRMA, Virginia Economic Development Partnership, Xenith Bank, Pfizer, Virginia Tech Fralin Life Science Institute, Cherry Bekaert, AstraZeneca / MedImmune, Prince William County Economic Development, Loudon County Economic Development, Sliverline Communications, VWR, Euclid Systems, HHMI Janelia Research Campus, Avison Young, Northrop Grumman, Virginia Biotechnology Research Park, James Madison University, Polymer Solutions, and Embody