By now we are all back to our “day jobs” after a very successful week at JPM. I wish to thank our Board of Directors, Jeff Gallagher, Cassandra Isley, Sherri Halloran and Caron Trumbo for their commitment to plan and host such a successful evening to showcase our VABIO life science community. I also want to thank our sponsors of the reception. We raised a record amount of funds to host our reception. Our sponsors clearly recognize the importance of supporting an evening of conversation and collaboration. Finally, I also want to highlight what’s now becoming a tradition and challenge of getting to the reception in spite of San Francisco’s rain. For those of us luckily enough to have arrived the day before or morning of….great planning. For those of us that were delayed into SFO or from SFO to downtown, plan on rain next year and here’s part of what you missed:
- We had over two hundred attendees representing, science, academia, sources of capital, serial VIP life science executives and SME professionals.
- This group traveled from all over the country and internationally as well.
- Every conversation included at a minimum, next stage trials, research, FDA and capital.
- VABIO was extremely well represented by our “home grown” attendance and leading prominence in our industry.
- We highlighted a number of our VABIO members for their 2018 achievements, milestones and successes.
- There is an incredible wave of life science innovation and disruption occurring in our industry and within VABIO.
- The room was filled with an excitement and enthusiasm that left everyone energized for the upcoming week at and around JPM.
Thank you again for your commitment to VABIO and our life science industry. It’s now back to creating value and building meaningful businesses.
Executive Transaction Advisor | Life Sciences & Technology, Falls River Group
Virginia Bio Board of Directors, Member