Virginia Catalyst Grants
Virginia Catalyst awards grants based on the following:
- Collaborations involving at least two Virginia research universities and one industry partner in the bioscience field in order to accelerate translational research and commercialization.
- Grants require proportionately matched industry partner funding scaled for size of enterprise
- Letters of intent, applications and awards are made in discrete Rounds, triggered by an RFP at various times throughout the year; awards in range of $200,000 - $800,000.
Commonwealth Research and Commercialization Fund
The Commonwealth Research Commercialization Fund (CRCF) awards grants and loans to advance targeted research and commercialization in Virginia. $2.8 million of new funding was added for Fiscal Years 2017-2018.
The three main subprograms are:
- Research Matching: Awards to collaborative research partners seeking outside grants but cannot identify a suitable match
- The SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) Matching Funds Program awards grants of up to $50,000 to Virginia-based technology companies that have won a Phase 1or 2 SBIR or STTR Award from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Commercialization: Awards to encourage the commercialization of products and services in Virginia