You are invited to register for the virtual 2021 Technology Showcase on September 1. The annual event planned by NCI Technology Transfer Center, in partnership with the Frederick National Laboratory (FNL), is designed to encourage licensing and collaboration of select NCI and FNL inventions. The 2021 event agenda includes:
- Technology pitches from seven NCI and FNL inventors.
- A lightning pitch and poster session highlighting 14 NIH technologies presented by members of the NCI Technology Transfer Ambassadors Program.
- Keynote presentations by Mark Stewart, Ph.D. vice president of Science Policy, Friends of Cancer Research and James Cherry, Ph.D., chief, NIAID, currently on detail with NCI to support SeroNet.
- Four panel sessions focused on strategies and resources to bring promising NCI and FNL technologies to market. Highlights include:
- The voice of the patient. Jamie Troil Goldfarb, a cancer survivor and patient advocate with the Melanoma Research Alliance (MRA), will moderate a panel entitled “Foundations and philanthropies as strategic partners.” Ms. Goldfarb received treatment in the NIH Clinical Center in a clinical trial led by Dr. Steven Rosenberg, NCI Surgery Branch. She and the panel have compelling stories.
- A “How to work with us panel” features a success story. Precigen, an NCI Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) partner, NCI’s Dr. James Hodges, along with the TTC Technology Transfer Manager who supported the tech transfer and a representative from the FNL Partnership Development Office will talk about what it takes to form a successful partnership. Attendees will learn how they might be able to replicate success.
- Panelists from the NCI Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR), the Technology Development Corporation of Maryland (TEDCO), Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF), and the National Foundation for Cancer Research will also participate.
Companies, entrepreneurs, innovators, and those interested in biotechnology development are encouraged to attend. To learn more and register for the free, virtual event, visit: 2021 Technology Showcase