After an application process, 8 companies will be invited to deliver an eight-minute pitch before a panel of judges and an audience of life sciences investors.
Participating companies may be eligible for cash prizes and a one-year virtual or resident membership in Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JLABS @ Washington, DC, and the opportunity to deliver the winning pitch to an audience of 200+ at the BioDiscovery Summit.
- Pitches will consist of 8-minute presentations plus 5 minutes of Q&A with the panel of judges. Slides accepted.
- The invitation-only audience will include life sciences investors from around the US.
- The schedule will allow for direct conversations between founders and investors.
- LVG will also solicit Poster Presentations from University of Virginia researchers with pre-commercial ideas.
BioSpark Virginia Application Criteria
- Companies must be based in Virginia
- Open to companies that have established entity and raised early seed funding.
- Companies must not have raised more than $10 million in funding
- Companies may only enter one product or service
- The submitted product or service must fall under one of the following categories:
- Digital Health
- Medical Device
- Healthcare Adjacent Tech
- Application Deadline: September 15
- Notifications will be made by September 25