The Department of Defense and its participating components award over $2B annually in SBIR/STTR funding. This four hour webinar presents proposal preparation tips for those who want to learn more about planning and preparing a DOD SBIR/STTR submission for an upcoming opportunity. The NEXT DOD SBIR & STTR Broad Agency Announcements will open Nov. 29 in Pre-Release, and close on Feb. 7, 2024. This webinar will help you write a better submission!
Topics covered include:
- Proposal Basics — What is a proposal, how proposals are scored (not read), and how to write to the DOD SBIR/STTR evaluator
- How to Make a Bid/No Bid Decision — evaluating the DOD topic requirements, determining if a topic “wired”, understanding potential competition, resources needed to submit
- Pre-Solicitation ideas for “next time” — tips on getting a topic idea inserted into future opportunities
- Passed the ROI test and ready to bid — The true cost of bidding, bid prep tips, developing an elevator pitch, project plans, and commercialization strategy
- Preparing the Proposal — Following directions, understanding the topic description, understanding the agencies objectives, what goes into the proposal (from outline to specific content).
- Commercialization: What is TABA and how will it help me?
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration
Hosted by: Virginia Innovation Partnership Corporation
Presented by: Randy Simpson, TechOpp Consulting
- Virginia based small tech firms and Virginia University, $25
- All other: $75