- Proposal Basics — What is a proposal, how proposals are scored (not read), and how to write to the DOD SBIR/STTR evaluator;
- How to Make a Bid/No Bid Decision — evaluating the DOD topic requirements, determining if a topic is “wired”, understanding potential competition, resources needed to submit, is there a commercialization pathway?;
- Passed the ROI test and ready to bid — The true cost of bidding, bid prep tips, developing an elevator pitch, project plans, and commercialization strategy;
- Preparing the Proposal — Following directions, understanding the topic description, understanding the agencies objectives, what goes into the proposal (from outline to specific content).
- Partnering for success—Finding a Technology Transition Partner, incorporating the partner into the Commercialization Strategy, execution gap analysis
- Reviews and Lessons Learned—Define Pink and Red Team Reviews, mock-SEB Review, Lessons Learned Meeting Strategy, how to prepare for next time
DOD SBIR/STTR Proposal Planning & Prep Workshop
The Department of Defense and its participating components award over $2B annually in SBIR/STTR funding. This 5 hour, in depth live WORKSHOP presents proposal preparation tips for those who want to learn more about planning and preparing a DOD SBIR/STTR submission for an upcoming opportunity. The DOD SBIR 23.3 and STTR.C are set to be released on August 23 and proposal will be due Oct. 18, so attending this training will provide you with the tools to effectively respond!
Topics covered include:
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration
Brought to you by: Virginia Innovation Partnership Corporation
Thanks to our Event Hosts: APEX Accelerator and The Business Development Center at ODU.