DOD SBIR: Proposal Preparation Workshop
April 20, 2023
10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. EST
Targeting Department of Defense SBIR 23.2 or STTR 23.B solicitations? Or just want to learn more about the DOD SBIR/STTR processes? This Department of Defense-focused workshop provides detailed instruction on preparing a proposal to meet the requirements of the DOD, including both technical and commercialization plans, and navigating the submission process.
Presented by DOD SBIR/STTR expert, Monique Branham of BBC ETC, the program will also cover:
- SBIR/STTR program basics and up-to-date information on the DOD program
- An understanding of the differences between DOD components
- Tips on how to identify a topic
- The importance of talking to Technical Points of Contact during the pre-release period
- How to register and utilize the DOD SBIR/STTR Innovation Portal
- Writing to meet the reviewers’ expectations
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them, and more
- 10:00 a.m. DOD Program Overview — Get an overview of the various DOD components and how their programs differ and learn how to find the right solicitation for your technology, how to contact the Technical Points of Contact (TPOC) as well as how to influence future topics and tips for a successful proposal.
- 11:15 a.m. 15-minute break
- 11:30 a.m. DOD SBIR Registrations & Budgeting — Detailed review of the required company registrations needed and guidance on how to manage the sites and how and how to develop a project budget, including what costs need to be included and how to write a budget justification.
- 12:45 p.m. 30-minute lunch break
- 1:15 p.m. DOD SBIR Proposal Development Guidance on the DOD’s proposal rules, not only of the steps to preparing a DOD proposal, but how to make each section succinct and compelling. Includes many practical tips and advice on pitfalls to avoid.
- 2:15 p.m. 15-minute break
- 2:30 p.m. DOD SBIR Proposal Development, continued
BBCetc Principal Consultant, Monique Branham
Monique Branham is a BBCetc Principal Consultant; she joined the company in July of 2021. She has 22 years of experience in the DOD. She joined the United States Air Force in 1999 and has an M.B.A in Aviation from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. While in the Air Force, she served as a Quality Assurance personnel of government contracts and a Resource Management Officer. Monique moved to the Air Force Space and Missile System Center (SMC) and became the SBIR/STTR commercialization expert. Monique’s work was instrumental in finding leveraged funding from government, academic, and private sectors and writing intricate transition management plans led to the successful commercialization of SBIR topics that are currently operating on the International Space Station. Monique garnered leveraged funding for commercialization for over 20 SBIR topics. Monique has received awards from SMC for Innovation and leadership. Monique has an honorable discharge from the United States Air Force. Monique@bbcetc.com
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration
Hosted by: Virginia Innovation Partnership Corporation (VIPC)
Presented by: BBC ETC
COST: Virginia based companies & Virginia University FREE; All Others: $45 per person