The Regional Internship Summit event will allow employers in the Hampton Roads area to engage with students and learn about internship and work-based learning experiences. The target population will be high school and college students. Breakout sessions will present career and work based-learning topic areas.
- Students: Free
- Student Representative or Chaperone: Free
- Nonprofit employer organizations: Free
- Employers: $75 for outreach table – 2 chairs per table will be provided
- Allan Myers
- Busch Vacuum Solutions
- City of Virginia Beach
- Clancy & Theys Construction Company
- Dollar Tree & Family Dollar
- Harbor Group Management Company
- Instant Systems Inc.
- KITCO Fiber Optics
- Kroger Co.
- Landlock Pest Control
- The Virginia Commercial Space Flight Authority / Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport
- Titan America
- Ulliman Schutte Construction
- VA Space Grant Consortium-Commonwealth STEM Industry Internship Program (CSIIP)
- Warwick Mechanical Group
- White Lodging
- SimIS, Inc.
- ForKids, Inc.
- HR Transit
- SL Nusbaum
- Stromberg/Garrigan & Associates, Inc.
- Norfolk Tourism Foundation
- Newport News Shipbuilding
- Tidewater Community College
- City of Virginia Beach-Department of Human Services
- Breeden Construction
- AAA Pool Services
- The EV Suite
- Connecting Communities LLC
- Hampton Roads Community Action Program
- Legacy of Hope Foundation
- A Better Day Than Yesterday
- Common – IT Professionals
- Children’s Health Investment Program of South Hampton Roads
- Marathon Consulting – IT and Digital Media
- World Endeavors
- Urban League
- Riverside Health System
- TRS Kids Performing Arts
Breakout Session Topic Area Overview:
10:15 – 10:20 / Welcome Address
10:25 – 10:55 / The Power of Social Media; Panel: The Internship Experience; and You Matter: Real Talk About Self Care
11:00 – 11:25 / What Do I Say? Acing the Internship Interview; You’ve Got the Internship…Now What?
11:30 – 12:00 / The Magic of Mentorships; Panel: The Internship Experience; and You’ve Got the Internship…Now What?
1:00 – 1:25 / Mentorships; Panel: The Internship Experience; and You Matter: Real Talk About Self Care
1:30 – 2:00 / What Do I Say? Acing the Internship Interview; The Power of Social Media
Sessions will be in separate breakout rooms, occurring simultaneously during the time periods noted.