Learn from industry leaders in healthcare and biotech information that you can share with students and job-switchers as they seek advice and guidance on their career paths and to draw attention to the wide variety of well-paying positions that are in high demand in Health & Life Sciences in the Roanoke and New River Valleys, Alleghany Highlands, and greater Lynchburg.
This industry sector includes clinical, research, biotech, and medical device organizations employing more than 41,000 people in nearly 300 firms. Jobs are expected to grow 7% percent by 2029. (https://roanoke.org/targets/life-sciences/).
Who should attend? Anyone advising or counseling students (youth and adult) or individuals who may be seeking employment in high-demand, well-paying, rewarding careers: K-12 counselors, college career advisors, employment advisors, recruiters, community organization liaisons, church youth pastors, health and biosciences educators, and others who guide career decisions.
What else do I need to know?
- This is a FREE event.
- Optional tour of Radford University Carilion at 10:00 AM – gather in lobby of Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital, 101 Elm Avenue SE, Roanoke, VA 24013 at 9:45 AM
- Resource tables will feature information about schools and available tuition assistance.
- Refreshments will be provided.
- A networking reception will follow immediately after the conference.
- Small group tours will be offered of the Fralin Biomedical Research Institute at Virginia Tech Carilion, Riverside 4 from 4:00 – 5:00 PM