Hear experts discuss various forms of early-stage seed funding for health tech and health IT technology development. The funding needs, pathways to market, customer discovery, and commercialization goals for these technologies are much different than biotech and other life science technologies. This panel will discuss various funding sources and support for health tech and health IT technologies. Breakout rooms will allow attendees to engage with the presenters.
Panelists will include:
- Moderator: Robert Brooke, SBIR Program Director, VIPC
- Alex Euler, Senior Investment Director, Life Science Fund, Virginia Venture Partners, VIPC
- Alastair Monk, NSF SBIR Program Director for Digital Health
- NIH SBIR Program Director TBD
- Hina Mehta, Director, Commonwealth Commercialization Fund
- William McPheat, Life Science Business Mentor, Innovation Commercialization Assistance Program, Virginia SBDC